How to become a member
REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW SASKATCHEWAN GRADUATES
To become a Registered Massage Therapist with the MTAS, a person must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- graduation from a minimum 2,200 hour curriculum-based massage therapy program provided by a recognized massage therapy institute. Click here for a list of schools.
- submit a current (within the past 6 months) copy of a criminal records check (including vulnerable sector search).
- current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid certification.
- write and master the written and practical competency-based exams - see FAQ Qualifying Examinations for more details.
Upon successful completion of the examinations, the therapist may submit a membership application along with the required membership fee to join MTAS.
All practicing MTAS members are required to carry at least $2 million malpractice and liability insurance and maintain current CPR (C)/Standard First Aid.
THERAPISTS FROM REGULATED JURISDICTIONS
If you are already a Registered Massage Therapist in good standing with the College of Massage Therapy in one of the regulated provinces, you are not required to write the MTAS Member Qualifying Exam to join MTAS. Below are the requirements for therapists from these regulated jurisdictions:
- a letter of good standing from your regulatory body.
- a copy of your current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid certification.
- a current (within the past 6 months) criminal records check (including vulnerable sector search).
- a copy of your liability and malpractice insurance certificate.
- a copy of your school transcript or diploma.
- copies of all your continuing education certificates.
- MTAS membership application form and registration fees.