|To become a Registered Massage Therapist in Saskatchewan, a person must meet the following standard eligibility requirements:
- graduation from a 2,200 hour curriculum-based massage therapy program provided by a recognized massage therapy institute. Click here for a list of schools.
- submit a current copy of a criminal records check (including vulnerable sector search).
- current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid certification.
- write and master (minimum score of 75%) our written and practical competency-based exams.
Upon successful completion of the examinations, the therapist may submit a membership application along with the required membership fee to join MTAS.
All MTAS members are required to carry at least $2 million malpractice and liability insurance.
If you are a Registered Massage Therapist with CMTO, CMTBC or CMTNL, you are not required to write the MTAS Board Exam to join MTAS. Here are the requirements for therapists from these regulated jurisdictions:
- a letter of good standing from your regulatory body.
- a copy of your current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid certification.
- a copy of your liability and malpractice insurance certificate.
- a copy of your school transcript or diploma.
- copies of all your continuing education certificates.
- MTAS membership application form and registration fees.