Register here for Dr. Nik's Workshops, November 4 & 5, 2023, Regina, SK
Hosted by MTAS
Dr. Nikita Vizniak - November 4 and 5, 2023: Registration
All fees shown on registration form page are subject to GST.
Fees increase by $75 per day after September 30th.
Early-bird total workshop fees:
- MTAS members: $350 per day, $595 for both days
- Non-MTAS: $400 per day, $635 for both days
- Students: $225 per day, $400 for both days (applies to those who are student members of MTAS AT THE TIME OF THE WORKSHOP)
Method of payment:
- Visa and MasterCard via the built-in online payment tool.
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (direct/auto deposit only, no security question).
Credits and hours:
7 primary credits per day.
9am - 5pm each day.
Each class comes with a booklet.
Instrument sets are normally $600 online, but $400 at the course
About the Instructor:
See Dr. Nik's full bio here: https://www.prohealthsys.com/about/dr-nikita-vizniak/
Dr. Nikita Vizniak (aka ‘Dr. Nik’), BSc, DC, ERYT, RMT, CES is a collection of ~214 bones, ~472 joints, and soft tissues that loves to learn, teach and help people reach their optimal potential.
He is an author, clinician and professor of clinical cadaver anatomy, exercise therapy, orthopedics, joint mobilizations, and a globally recognized subject matter expert. He is certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Corrective Exercise Specialist, practitioner at prohealthclinics.com and has authored many textbooks, YouTube videos and CE courses used around the world; including the best-selling Muscle Manual and Orthopedic Assessment, among others. His works have been translated into many languages and help millions of students, clinicians and instructors promote evidence-based, best practices of multidisciplinary patient-centered care.
Dr. Nik loves teaching and empowering people with results-based practical content – anatomy is the foundation of his work, progressing to assessment and action. His motto – ‘We are all students and life is cumulative – work smarter not harder and have fun. #sayitwithasmile’ Follow him on FB, IG or YouTube.
SATURDAY - INTRODUCTION TO IASTM
Learn about Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and how it can benefit your practice, save your hands, improve outcomes and prolong your career. Discussion topic includes definition, basic application, soft tissue healing principles, review of the literature and application in practice. We let you try dozens of instruments and tools to make your treatments easier and more effective – then you can choose the best option and make an informed decision. Stop with cookie cutter techniques and start critical thinking and application – including active mobilization therapies and functional rehab protocols. See how IASTM is an extension of your body that will give you renewed confidence in skills to use in practice.
Who should attend: This course is open to massage therapists, athletic therapists, kinesiologists, physicians, physician assistants, chiropractors, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, athletic trainers, and nurses.
Reference Text: Introduction to IASTM. Professional Health Systems Inc. 2018
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to…
… identify tissue specific structure (muscle, fascia, tendon, bone, ligament, nerve and viscera)
… review of current literature and contraindications, indications and application
… generate a list of indications, application and dosing protocols
… apply the basic evidence based outcome protocol
Step 1 – Functional range of motion (ROM) screen
Step 2 – Locate area of restriction or adhesion
Step 3 – Detailed muscle testing and palpation
Step 4 – Use instrument on specific adhesions and improve mobility
Step 5 – Re-Test to show yourself and the client the results!
… apply the appropriate IASTM treatment edge based on the target tissue and desired treatment effect
… discuss case study specific application in practice
… achieve better client results by identifying the true cause of pathology and working smarter not harder
- Hands on anatomy and palpation review (bone, ligament, joint, muscle, nerve, vessel, fascia)
- Evidence based clinical integration of assessment with pathology and evidence informed treatment options listed below:
- Efficient biomechanics - work smarter instead of harder to prevent injury and get better results
- Assessment Orthopedic and neurologic testing – have an accurate clinical understanding of the patient-specific injury, compensation and dysfunction, differential diagnosis.
IASTM use of instruments and critical thinking to improve results and decrease clinician fatigue by specific tissue and body region – indications, contra indications, basic and advanced
SUNDAY - ADVANCED CLINICAL REASONING: LOW BACK AND PELVIS
- Therapeutic assessment with practical integration makes you more effective.
- This seminar can assist you in building clinical reasoning skills with evidence-informed best practices and provide resources you can take directly into practice.
- Learn the non-verbal body language of injury, what to treat, when to do it and who to refer to for consultation.
Review clinical cadaver anatomy, palpation, ROM, orthopedics, differential diagnosis, hydrotherapy, soft tissue mobilization and osseous mobilization, exercise rehab/stretching, and IASTM techniques to improve biomechanics, save your body, get better results and earn more money doing it.
Rapid hands on anatomy and palpation review (bone, fascia, ligament, joint, muscle, nerve, vessel, viscera). Evidence-based clinical integration of assessment with pathology and evidence informed treatment options:
- Biopsychosocial applications around fears, beliefs and barriers to care with motivational interview
- Efficient biomechanics – work smarter instead of harder to prevent injury and get better results
- Therapeutic assessment – have an accurate clinical understanding of the patients specific injury make your assessment therapeutic!
- Manual techniques and graded exercise therapy – learn the critical thinking process and integration of evidence-informed best-practices. Get a solid foundation on holistic treatment regimes to empower people to build resilience.
- Know when to refer and co-manage for the best person-centered outcomes and become part of an integrated healthcare team!
- Patient treatment and practice building tips you learn on Sunday and apply on Monday
- Learn to get results faster and build your business
- Get confidence and re-energized with fun, effective assessment, differential diagnosis and treatment options you can use today
- High yield, clinically relevant information, presented in a fun environment for optimal learning
The Atlas Hotel, 417 Albert Street South, Regina, Sask. S4S 3R6 https://www.atlashotel.com/
Ample free parking available in the hotel lot for overnight guests and local workshop participants.
A courtesy rate of $139.95 per night is available at The Atlas Hotel.
This rate is available as long as the hotel has rooms to sell, but is not a reserved block.
We urge you to book early if you plan to stay in the hotel as the rate is not guaranteed.
The Atlas Hotel
4177 Albert Street S, Regina, Sask.
If cancelled prior to October 4th – full refund less $75.00 admin. fee; cancellations after October 4th – no refund.